Insurance coverage for virtual care
We are adjusting to rapidly changing insurance policies in the wake of COVID-19 and appreciate your patience as we work to deliver virtual care quickly and without interruption.
We are an in-network provider with Blue Shield of California, Anthem Blue Cross, United Healthcare, Cigna and Aetna, among others. Currently most insurance companies are extending coverage for telehealth for physical therapy due to COVID-19, but each plan is different and unfortunately we cannot always verify your coverage before your appointment,
Here are some details by plan. We will be updating this regularly as we receive more information!
Blue Shield of California (PPO/POS)
- Blue Shield has communicated that we are able to bill through your insurance to cover the cost of your virtual visits
- If you have met your deductible or your deductible does not apply, Blue Shield has stated that they will be covering the cost of your copayment.
- In the event that they do not cover, we will charge you the discounted cash rate of $100 for your 45-minute evaluation and $75 for each 30 minute follow-up
Anthem Blue Cross, United Healthcare, Cigna and Aetna (PPO/POS)
- We will attempt to bill your insurance for your virtual care. Should your insurance company cover all or part of the visit, you may only be responsible for a copay or coinsurance (usually between $10 and $40).
- Should your insurance not cover, are offering initial consultations at a discounted rate of $100 for a 45-minute virtual evaluation and $75 for each 30 minute follow-up. Your card on file will be charged on the date of your appointment.
- For any follow-up visits, the card you left on file will be charged on the date of your appointment, per your communicated benefits. Please contact us if you would like to use a different card.
Benefit Limits and HMO Policies
- In order to receive treatment through an HMO, you will need to obtain a referral from your doctor. Unlike prescriptions, referrals must be processed before the date of your first appointment or your visits will not be covered by insurance.
- If you are trying to obtain a referral, make sure your doctor is clear that you need a referral not a prescription. One can not be substituted for the other.
- Due to the difficulty of obtaining an active referral in the wake of COVID-19, it's likely that insurance will not be able to cover your visits. If you are able to obtain a referral for treatment we will be happy to bill your insurance. Otherwise, our self pay rates are available to you ($100 for an initial consultation and $75 for each 30 minute follow-up).